|Black Belt Grading 22nd March 2003|
|From left to right:|
2nd Dan Freestyle
1st Dan Ju-Jitsu
1st Dan Freestyle
1st Dan Freestyle
|As usual todays
grading lasted just short of 4 hours. Students had to demonstrate the
following skills in order to be successfull:|
1. Kata - A superb display a balance, posture, stance and form was demonstrated in this section.
2. Self defence - Effective defences were shown against kicks, punches, grabs, weapon attacks, ground attacks and escapes from holds and locks. All the defences had to include sweeps, take downs, throws, locks and holds as well as strikes using hands, feet, knees etc.
3 Combinations - Some complicated techniques were demonstrated in this section. Students had to show good focus, targeting, alignment, balance and co-ordination.
4. Padwork - Focus mitts and strike shields were used here to demonstrate powerfull basics and some very specatcular kicking and punching techniques including some ariel & spinning kicks.
5. Weapons - Excellent skill,control and focus was demonstrated by Lee using Bo Staff, Tonfa & Bokken both in offensive and defensive situations.
5. Sparring - Each student had 2 or 3 fights consisting of ground, light continuous and points. Well done to Kerianne who fought both of the men.
As well as all that, as if that is not enough!, they had to put up with half an hour of fitness and stamina work in the middle given by Andrew Morrell.
WELL DONE TO YOU ALL, YET AGAIN THE C.M.A.A. STANDARD HAS BEEN MET. YOUR GRADES ARE VERY WELL DESERVED
|Back row from left to right:
Andrew Morrell, 4th Dan - Bill Hayes, 2nd Dan - JWJ Robertson, 3rd Dan -
JD Robertson, 4th Dan- Shaun Whitehead, 2nd Dan - Collette O' Halloran, 2nd Dan.
to 1st Dan Freestyle Karate earlier this month was Catherine Hardman of
Samurai, which is one of our
Catherine demonstrated the full range of the Freestyle Karate syllabus and showed some excellent self defence techniques along with very powerfull padwork.
During the sparring section she did 2 minutes of light continuous Kickboxing against Samura Ju-Jitsu Association Chief Instructor Mark Wood 4th Dan.
Well done Catherine, you are a worthy addition to the C.M.A.A. list of Dan grades.
|More Photographs from todays grading|
|Kerianne Hayes & Andrew Morrell|
|Kerianne Hayes & Dad, Bill|
|Lee Whitehead & Dad, Shaun|
|Lee Whitehead & Some of the C.M.A.A. Instructors|